IQAC - Internal Quality Assurance Cell is a structure that would help educational institutions to improve their work processes and achieve learning outcomes & objectives. The IQAC will become a part of the institution's system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. It will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
IQAC would be looked upon as the prime quality sustenance measure.
As providing quality education, adopting innovative teaching-learning methods, and assessing them is a continuous process, IQAC will be working with the HEI to support them throughout their teaching-learning journey.
Speaking of the vision, IQAC primarily focuses on quality enhancement.
Its aim is to introduce a consistent plan of action that would lead the organization towards progress. It involves preparing strategies for –
- Efficient & timely work processes
- Academic research & programs
- Affordable & innovative approaches
- Use of ICT for modernization of education
- Best assessment process for maintaining quality
- Ensuring the best infrastructure to achieve goals
Functions of IQAC
Let us now understand the various functions that are expected from the IQAC cell.
- Setting quality benchmarks with consistent work
- Creating parameters to reach academic as well as non-academic learning goals
- Creating a student-centric teaching-learning environment
- Enabling faculty to efficiently use ICT tools for innovation in education
- Considering the feedback of students, faculty & parents for the best practices
- Organizing various workshops & seminars for the quality education environment
- Documenting all the activities in chronological order & keeping a tab on improvements
- Preparing 100% accurate MIS reports for NAAC
- Preparing & submitting one of the most important - Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the instructions of the NAAC